About the company:
The company is the global Tier-1 IoT Carrier specialized in providing managed connectivity services for low bandwidth IoT applications such as Asset Tracking, Tank Monitoring, Vehicle Telematics, Smart Metering, and Waste Management.
The company cooperates with the leading operators to guarantee Tier-1 carrier-grade connectivity services across Europe as well as in North America, South America, Africa, Asia, and Oceania.
The company has a team of over 100 employees in 9 countries all over the world and is headquartered in Cologne, Germany, where it was founded in 2017.
The company is building upon a strong network of know-how partners. As a strategic partner of Deutsche Telekom AG, they have the full power of the Group behind them, combining it with the agility of an IoT Native company. Amazon and China Telecom Global are also their strategic partners.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Work as part of a cross-functional team to ensure on-time delivery of cloud-based telecom network components;
- Maintain existing company communication systems and solutions;
- Develop and integrate new infrastructure and applications solutions - in cooperation with other development teams and external partners;
- Develop, maintain and perform continuous integration / continuous delivery solutions in development projects;
- Coordinate and document changes made;
- Analyze newer technical solutions, increase the number of skills and knowledge and continuously improve the technological/architectural aspects of existing solutions;
- Use different AWS services (EC2, step functions, CloudWatch, API gateway, Lambda, …);
- Use Linux environment heavily.
The project is devoted to the development of high performant & cloud-hosted mobile Core elements (2G, 3G, 4G, 5G).
- Practical experience in developing and implementing continuous integration/continuous deployment solutions;
- Practical experience with deployment of monitoring and logging systems (on AWS);
- Practical experience with building highly automated infrastructures;
- Practical experience with the implementation of systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing (on the AWS platform);
- Knowledge of AWS load balancers & Nginx;
- Practical experience with IP network solution design and implementation, as well as skills and knowledge in network routing, network access, IP connectivity;
- Practical experience in troubleshooting & Investigation with TCP/IP networks, including tracing and relevant tools (pcap, tcpdump, Wireshark etc.) and relevant protocols;
- Good experience with Linux systems and with Linux administration;
- Good practical experience with Terraform&CloudFormation, Docker and Kubernetes;
- Skills in implementing Prometheus/Grafana according to network requirements;
- Basic SQL/NoSQL DB skills, logging tools experience, and Restful APIs;
- Hands-on experience in Agile (Scrum, Kanban, Lean Development).